This course is taught by Victoria Campbell, MEng, PGCFE, 10+ Years Teaching/Tutoring and can be used as a discrete lesson pack, for revision and part of a blended learning approach. Courses are interactive and engaging with a combination of presentations/videos, theory and practical activities that include downloadable worksheet activities. Worksheet answers are provided.
Work in Mathematics at Key Stage 3 broadly follows the National Curriculum for 11-14 year olds. The course is aimed at covering the main concerns with Fractions, Percentages & Decimals that KS3 students may have.
Topics Covered include:
- Converting between fractions, decimals and percentages to solve problems
- Use the Four Operations with Fractions including Mixed Numbers
- Calculate Fractions & Percentages of Quantities, Including Money
- Calculate percentage increase and decrease in relevant contexts
- Calculate the Original Quantity given the result of a Percentage Change; Calculate repeated Proportional Change
*Once purchased, please email email@example.com to re-confirm the email address of the group leader you would like to manage the course and monitor student progress e.g. teacher/club leader. Group leaders have the ability to add/edit users and are also provided with a GROUP CODE which they can give to students/members to register themselves.
The course access/login details will be emailed to your group leader in advance of 1st September. It can be purchased at any time in the academic year which is it intended for use, alternatively from 1st May for the next academic year.