This course includes 8 lessons taught by Victoria Dempsey, BA(Hons), LSDE, PCert, ANEA, 10+ yrs of teaching/tutoring experience and can be used as a discrete lesson pack, for revision and part of a blended learning approach. Courses are interactive and engaging with a combination of presentations/videos, theory and practical activities that include downloadable worksheet activities. Worksheet answers are provided, where applicable.
The course covers the following:
- The poet’s voice and use of techniques
- How the use of metre and rhythm give it a musical quality.
- Different types of poems
- Gaining skills and confidence in reading poetry
- Expanding knowledge and experience in reading and writing poems
- Answering questions on poetry texts
Each Course begins by setting out key objectives, an easy to follow PowerPoint and a PDF booklet to follow and complete.
*Once purchased, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to re-confirm the email address of the group leader you would like to manage the course and monitor student progress e.g. teacher/club leader. Group leaders have the ability to add/edit users and are also provided with a GROUP CODE which they can give to students/members to register themselves.