Key Stage 3: Business Enterprise and IT
A taster course for students considering Business Studies or IT as an option for further study and for junior entrepreneurs' who aspire to be their own boss!
*PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU MUST REGISTER AS A USER WITH THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS YOU INTEND TO PROVIDE WITHIN THE PAYMENT PROCESS TO CONNECT AND ACCESS COURSES PURCHASED. THEN LOGIN VIA ”MY ACCOUNT’ ACCESSIBLE ON THE MAIN MENU.
CLICK ON THE TEXT HEADINGS TO VIEW FULL DESCRIPTIONS
- Learn and be able to discuss and apply knowledge about business and its importance for the economy, entrepreneurs and business planning
- Develop an interest and enjoyment of business subjects
- Understand and appreciate some of the digital technologies used in business
- Gain new practical skills that can be applied to a real-life scenario for a business and be useful for future employment
- An opportunity for young people to be creative and develop entrepreneurial skills through a practical project which involves craft, content writing, graphics design and video editing
- Provide a solid foundation for students who move on to study GCSE Business related subjects
- Business Makes the World Go Round: An introduction to Business, Employment, Income and Tax, Public Funded Services
- Types of Businesses: Public/Private Sector, Sole Traders, Partnerships, Private & Public Limited Companies, Franchises
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Business Planning
- The Marketing Plan
- Social Media Marketing
- Business & Marketing Planning
- Sketch Design, Crafting and Product Development
- Graphic Design using CANVA
- Video Editing using MOVAVI
You are a re-cycle crafter
- Design your own re-usable product
- Decide on a business name, name/description of your first product
- Consider your target audience and write a social media calendar plan to launch the business and product
- Design social media posts using CANVA
- Design and edit a video to launch business using LOOM
- FREE Email account (how-to video included in course)
- FREE CANVA online account (how to video included in course)
- FREE Movavi account/downloaded (how to video included in course – do not download this until after Lesson 8 as the free trial version is for 30 days)
*Please make sure you have permission from the laptop/desktop owner for downloads
- Adobe Reader for PDF
- Empty toilet roll/kitchen roll holders for practical task and Camera to take photographs of completed project work
- Printer (not essential but student may prefer to print and write in workbook)
*If working electronically students will need to open the PDF workbook and use a blank Word document to complete activities
1 USER LICENSE: The author owns the copyright of the contents of this course and one purchase provides access to the course for one user only
Business Case Study: Vera McCullough Jewellery
Vera learnt her craft at the prestigious Jewellery School of Applied Art in Turnově. From here Vera moved to London to continue her art and work in the cities world famous precious stones and jewellery district, Hatton Garden.
Today, at the foot of Slemish Mountain Vera gets much of her artistic inspiration from the surrounding Antrim Hills and lush Northern Irish countryside. https://www.veramcculloughjewellery.com/
Students have access to complete and revisit this short course for 60 days.
*It is expected that parents should oversee the safety of their children during product development if any sharp tools are used for cutting etc.
1 USER LICENSE: The author owns the copyright of the contents of this course and one purchase provides access to the course for one user.