Key Stage 3 Art & Design
This short course in Art & Design will assist in the development of your child's critical thinking and observation skills, as well as encouraging creativity and an opportunity to learn new art skills
*PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU MUST REGISTER AS A USER WITH THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS YOU INTEND TO PROVIDE WITHIN THE PAYMENT PROCESS TO CONNECT AND ACCESS COURSES PURCHASED. THEN LOGIN VIA ”MY ACCOUNT’ ACCESSIBLE ON THE MAIN MENU.
In this unit the pupils will learn about Day of the Dead: their key characteristics, their traditional uses and their influence on other artists and designers.
Learning Objectives (what the student is expected to learn/achieve)
- To design and make my own imaginative work inspired by Day of the Dead masks
To investigate and analyse masks from Mexico and other places independently.
- To explore and experiment with ideas, materials, tools and techniques.
- To reflect and evaluate my own and others’ work.
- To complete all homework tasks.
Learning Aims (what is the purpose and intention of the teacher)
- To introduce and develop pupils skills and abilities in the formal elements using workshop based teaching in areas like pattern, texture and shape.
- To encourage and provide pupils with recording skills in a range of media and techniques for future, more technical art activities.
- To educate pupils to either an artist/movement/period in Art that uses Culture as a source of inspiration in order to demonstrate how their Art incorporates this theme for creative, imaginative, cultural or traditional means.
Students have access to complete and revisit this short course for 60 days.
1 USER LICENSE: The author owns the copyright of the contents of this course and one purchase provides access to the course for one user.